Pedong is situated at an altitude of 5100 ft above sea level on Kalimpong- Lhasa road. It is 28 kms away from Kalimpong near the confluence of Murdung Khola and Rishi Khola.
The Pioneer French fathers, Fr Auguste Desgodins and Fr Henry Mussot , arrived at Pedong on 11th November, 1882. The Deputy Commissioner of Darjeeling had granted three acres of forested land to the Fathers. After clearing the forests and leveling the grounds , the fathers established a Catholic mission at Pedong. Initially a room in the presbytery served as chapel for fathers and small group of Catholics.
In 1885, Fr Hervagault and Fr Desgodins baptized first Bhutia Christians on 24 December ( Church records : Baptism register ). Fr Joseph Chhetri is the present Parish Priest.