The establishment of Sacred Heart Church, Singamari, can be attributed to the efforts of Fr. Joseph Ford, a Belgium Jesuit. He came to St. Joseph’s School in 1895, and started pondering over creating a Catholic community around North Point. With this in mind Fr Ford recruited employees from the school run by Jesuits at Kurseong. In 1898, a Church dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus was made to the local Catholics. The Rector of the school was in-charge of the local Catholics. All baptisms used to take place in Town Parish church until 1951. The first baptism was of Rudolf Subba, by Fr Jack Coffy, SJ. In 1955, Sacred Heart Church was given its autonomy and Fr Jack Coffy was appointed the first Parish Priest.
Ever since, Darjeeling Jesuits of North Bengal with the help of Darjeeling diocesan priests looked after the spiritual and material needs of the local faithful. The out stations are Lebong valley and Soom tea estate.