This Church is situated by the side of Kurseong-Darjeeling road, half a kilometer away from Kurseong railway station.
Fr Ignatius Koch was appointed Chaplain for the Himalayan Railways in 1884, since Kurseong had a large number of British and Eurasians. Fr Koch took care of the spiritual needs of the Catholics. Dak-Bunglow served as the church for the Catholics of Kurseong. With the increase in the Catholic population, the Dak-Bunglow was inadequate. Therefore, on 9th March 1904, Fr Bernard, blessed the first stone for a new church. The church was ready by 15th January 1905, and blessed by Archbishop Meulemann of Calcutta. The church was dedicated to St. Paul, the patron saint of the former Archbishop Paul Goethals.
St. Paul’s Parish Catholic Association ( SPPCA ) was founded in 1958 during the tenure of Fr Henricks. Fr Wery took interest in Liturgy and translated hymns from English and Hindi into Nepali.
The sub-stations of Church are Mahanadi and Tindaria.