In June 1924, Fr Jules Douenel arrived at Kalimpong to be the Chaplain to the Sisters of St. Joseph of Cluny and built a Catholic church in Kalimpong. He chose a suitable land for the church and began construction of the presbytery. There were 10 Catholics from Maria Busty who had come to work at Dr Graham’s Homes.
In 1931, Mr Gyan Tsering Sitling, a prominent and most popular pastor of the Scottish Presbyterian Church decided to become Catholic along with his relatives.Fr Gionora baptized 68 Protestants to Catholicism. He also bought a land from Santosh Singh Bhutia, for the cemetery, a play ground and for the bigger presbytery, the present St. Teresa’s Church. Fr Peter Ranger became the first Parish Priest of the Church in 1937. At present Fr Michael Lepcha (sr ) is the present Parish Priest of the St. Teresa’s Church, Kalimpong.