Holy Cross School is situated on the side of the road three miles from Ranipool to Gangtok. The West Bengal Holy Cross Society had bought 5-acre land from Garajay Kami. The present land was registered on 1st May 1981. Fr Victor Tucker laid the foundation stone of the convent and school on 3rd December 1983.On 27th January 1985 the convent building was blessed by Fr Joseph Kunnath, the Parish Priest of St. Thomas Church, Gangtok. The school was opened on 4th March 1985 with 58 students. It became a Higher Secondary School on 7th July 1997.
The students avail the opportunities of education at Holy Cross School from Lower Kindergarten to class 12. The senior secondary 11 and 12 have both Science and Arts streams. There are 1654 students, 57 teaching staff and 7 non teaching staff.
Holy Cross Higher Secondary School is the best private CBSE affiliated school in Sikkim.