French Fathers had learnt to speak Tibetan language and used to hold informal classes which gradually developed into a school in 1885. In 1887 they had only ten children as students mostly from the Bhutia families. By 1888, Nepalese started coming in from Kalimpong, Darjeeling and Kurseong and settled down at Pedong. The number of students began to grow and French Fathers started a hostel in 1901 which also served as school.
By 1913 the school became a full fledged Middle school. In 1937 the French Fathers handed over the School to the care of Fathers of Canon Regular of the Abbey of Maurice, Switzerland. In 1952 the school was affiliated to West Bengal Board of Secondary Education. In 1989 Higher Secondary was recognized.
Fr Francis Crasta is the present Head Master of the School.